The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) is looking for a
RGT Coordinator (80% – 100%)
AIPPI, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, was founded in 1897 and is dedicated to the development, improvement, and legal protection of intellectual property. The acronym of the organization was derived from its name in French: Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle.
AIPPI is a non-affiliated, non-profit organization headquartered in Switzerland, having about 9,000 members representing over 125 countries. The members of AIPPI include lawyers, attorneys, and agents working across all fields of intellectual property in corporate and private practice throughout the world, as well as academics, judges, government officials, and other persons interested in intellectual property. AIPPI is organized into 68 National and 2 Regional Groups. In countries where no Group exists, membership can be obtained as an Independent Member.
The objective of AIPPI is to improve and promote the protection of intellectual property at both national and international levels. It does this by studying and comparing existing and proposed laws and policies related to intellectual property, and working with both government and non-government organizations for the development, expansion and improvement of international and regional treaties and agreements, and national laws. Where appropriate, AIPPI intervenes with submissions before major courts and legislative bodies to advocate for strengthened IP protection.
The management of AIPPI is entrusted to a volunteer board known as the Bureau. Within the Bureau, the Reporter General Team (“RGT”) is responsible for the studies and discussions of AIPPI; in this respect, the RGT among others coordinates the work conducted by AIPPI’s Standing Committees, the educational programme (incl. during the annual congress) and AIPPI’s resolutions, position papers and replies to consultations. The Bureau is supported by the AIPPI General Secretariat based in Zurich, Switzerland.
Upon mutual agreement
Reporting to :
Matrix reporting: (direct) reporting to Reporter General and (indirect) reporting to Executive Director
Cooperating with :
Reporter General Team, General Secretariat, various AIPPI Committees, AIPPI Groups, individual AIPPI members
You will be part of the General Secretariat Team and will be closely working with the other RGT Coordinator on supporting the Reporter General Team (led by the Reporter General), which includes among others:
– Provide day-to-day operational and administrative support to the Reporter General Team; preparation and coordination of meetings, drafting minutes
– Coordination and support of AIPPI’s annual study questions leading to resolutions
– Administrative support in preparation for and during AIPPI’s Annual World Congress (in particular for the educational programme (speaker management etc.) and the resolutions)
– Provide coordination and support to AIPPI ‘s Standing Committees
– General communication with National & Regional Groups and Independent Members
– Coordinating AIPPI’s representations at government agencies
– Minimum of 5 years of work experience in executive assistance or a similar supporting role in the legal world
– Higher professional education
– Strong organizational and planning skills; stress-resistant; good communicator
– Excellent language skills in English (native or fully proficient); other language skills (German, French, Spanish, etc.) desirable
– Ability to communicate efficiently and diplomatically in an international business/legal environment
– Ability to work precisely and independently within tight deadlines
– Flexibility to deal with different work styles, strong customer orientation
– Interest in working in an international and multicultural team
– Fully proficient with MS office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
– Eligible for Swiss work permit (EU/EEA, British and Swiss nationals only unless already a B or C work permit holder).
Willing and able to travel to AIPPI’s Annual Congresses (this would entail an absence of 10-14 days annually), and to various smaller meetings occasionally and probably on 1-2 occasions per year
A competitive salary in line with the candidate’s qualifications and experience
Please send your complete application documents (CV, concise cover letter, work certificates, etc.) to Click to send email using the heading and indicating where you found this advertisement.
Once a decision is reached the applicant will be notified via email. Please refrain from contacting us about the status of the application process.
The deadline for submission of applications is 30 April 2021.
Please contact Click to send email if you have specific questions.