Founded in 2004 by a group of PhD students as a spin-off from the University of Zurich, Molecular Partners AG is a thriving and steadily growing clinical stage biotech company located in Zurich-Schlieren (Switzerland) with 125 highly qualified employees.
In order to advance modern medicine and significantly improve the management of serious diseases, we have developed and successfully established a powerful new class of potent, specific and versatile small protein therapies, called DARPin® therapeutics.
The continuous development of a broad portfolio of therapeutic product candidates in oncology and ophthalmology based on the company’s proprietary DARPin® platform allowed a successful listing of the company on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker: MOLN). Next to our own pipeline of drug candidates we have entered into collaborations with leading international pharmaceutical companies, including Allergan.
The highly dedicated, multi-disciplined team at MP is committed to developing breakthrough medicines for serious diseases.
Research Associate (80% – 100%) M/F
Molecular Partners is expanding. As an addition to our skilled team we are looking for a motivated Research Associate (80%-100%). In this role you will work together with experienced colleagues and support the USP team by executing fermentations and analytical tasks.
This challenging and diverse position will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
· In-house fermentations, bioreactor preparation, sampling, cleaning
· Sample analytic: SDS-PAGE, HPLC, Western Blot
· Cloning of expression systems for microbial production of DARPins
· Maintain lab and instruments
· Support other functions (Lead Generation, Downstream Processing and Formulation & Analytics)
· Presentation of results in project meetings
Our ideal candidate will bring the following background experience and competencies:
· Bachelor degree or apprenticeship in life science
· Microbial fermentation, bioreactor handling
· Molecular biology; isolation, purification, analytic and cloning of plasmids
· Analytic (HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western-Blot)
· Experience in mammalian cell culture and downstream processing is an asset
· Fluent in German and English languages
· Specific instrument software knowledge is a plus
Partnership and collaboration are at the core of our company, our research activities and our product candidates. Molecular Partners offers an international working environment and the opportunity to collaborate with outstanding individuals from numerous disciplines, who contribute to our shared goals of scientific excellence, respectful teamwork and personal aspiration.
We foster true innovation and creative thinking to advance our therapeutic product candidates and continue to be inspired by the difference we can make for our patients.
At Molecular Partners you will discover a challenging job, inspiring colleagues and a true purpose. If you are interested in working at Molecular Partners, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your detailed curriculum vitae via our career portal.
We only accept online applications.