Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and distribution centers across Europe.
This is a new created position which reports directly into the Head of Go-to-Market Quality EMEA and will manage two DC Quality Supervisors
The scope of the role are several distribution centers (DCs) located in canton Aargau and canton Schwyz. These distribution centers are not only used for warehousing the products, but in addition several value added services are carried-out, like for example product re-work (customised packaging, re-packaging, customised and regulatory labelling, etc.) or product sets bundling/unbundling.
For this reason, we are looking for a professional, who is familiar with GDP standards (good distribution practice) for all the warehousing and distribution activities and as well with GMP standards (good manufacturing practice) for the product re-works.
The core tasks and responsibilities can be grouped in three categories: 1) Operational, 2) Projects 3) Innovation.
- Execute self-evaluations based on GMP & GDP regulations in the DCs
- Management of non-conformance noticed on products stored in the DCs
- Coordinate the inspections on quality issues or non-conformance reports results
- Ensure sampling process is managed appropriately in cases of quality defects and need of further investigation
- Decision making on product disposition (release for customer, re-work or destroy)
- Liaison with internal departments (Global Quality, Planning, Operations, Customer Services, Regulatory and Manufacturing Engineering) and colleagues from other sites concerning stock status, product holds, potential product recall and product re-works
- Support the Site Lead Management on management reviews providing quality metrics
- Implement and further develop the corporate quality system for distribution on the sites. This would include the documentation/records management systems and training management systems.
- Design and roll-out a specific quality system based on GMP standards for the re-work activities
- Develop and put in place an internal and external audit programme and be the key responsible person for corporate audits and external inspections
- Rollout corporate projects on site, like for example product tracing or temperature control monitoring
- Quality key point of contact for the expansion in existing or new DCs
- End to end process mapping and identification of potential systems enhancements and controls to maintain product quality all the way to customers
- Creative thinking and solution driven decision making for product non-conformances
We are looking for senior professional with a degree in business, supply chain, engineering or science and further training and qualification in quality.
We expect at least 8 years of experience in Quality Assurance in a regulated industry like pharma, food & beverages, tobacco or cosmetics. We are interested as well in candidates with background in logistics companies specialized in the distribution of pharma or consumer health products.
The hired candidate will bring some years of people management experience as well.
This role requires knowledge of GMP and GDP regulations and practical experience applying these standards in distribution centers / manufacturing sites / packaging sites
In terms of skills, we expect
- Solid project management and risk management skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills
In this role you will communicate mostly in German in the Distribution Centers and work in English with teams in the head office and internal business stakeholders. For this reason, we require a candidate who is both business fluent in German and English.
Only candidates eligible to work in Switzerland would be considered for this vacancy.
Competitive salary, benefits and career progression opportunities in a global company.