“Since 1868, the Swiss watch manufacturer IWC Schaffhausen has been crafting exquisite Haute Horlogerie, in which the highest precision is combined with exclusive design. As one of the world’s leading brands in the luxury watch segment, our long-established company daily upholds the pioneering spirit and the innovative talent that underlie our success.”
Global Sustainability Manager (m/f/x – 100%)
Reporting directly to the CMO and Committee Chair Sustainability we are looking for our:
Global Sustainability Manager (m/f/x- 100%)
in our headquarters in Schaffhausen.
In this role, you will reinforce our leadership in sustainability in the luxury watch segment by crafting the path to implementing and enhancing IWC Schaffhausen’s corporate sustainability vision, which consequently entails acting as a change agent, developing new ideas and initiatives as well as the coordination and execution of all its corporate sustainability activities worldwide.
Sustainability is a top priority at IWC Schaffhausen. We strive to create long-term value for both our business and society while preserving our heritage in quality, craftsmanship and innovation. By looking back at our founding values and forward to a resilient future, we aim to be growth-oriented while remaining socially and environmentally responsible.
You will work closely with IWC’s CMO and Sustainability Committee to support and advise IWC’s subdivisions and subsidiaries in knowledge transfer and the implementation of social, environmental and ethical policies and projects to drive IWC’s corporate sustainability objectives.
You will also be responsible for introducing tools and workflows to harmonize sustainability research and data across all levels and departments. IWC Schaffhausen is a Maison within Richemont Group. At company level and interfacing with the Group you will be first point of contact for all sustainability topics, and responsible for IWC’s participation in select Group reporting initiatives and other projects. Externally, you will interface with leading organizations such as the Responsible Jewellery Council and Ellen MacArthur Foundation to ensure IWC meets related standards and reporting requirements, and to proactively identify opportunities for improved practices.
In addition, you will ensure the implementation of consistent sustainability communications, both internally and externally, to raise the awareness of IWC’s commitment to sustainability and the respective initiatives.
- Bachelor or Master degree with a focus on sustainable development
- At least 7 years’ experience leading sustainability initiatives in a corporate setting
- Extensive professional experience in stakeholder management, change management and project management
- Professional experience gathering, managing and reporting data relating to topics such as greenhouse gas emissions and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Strong communications skills, professional experience in drafting internal and external corporate communications
- Experience in creating and delivering trainings in-person and online, strong motivational skills
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed on new topics and to assess the relevant sustainability factors related to these
- Knowledge of recent developments in sustainability and anticipation of future topics, in Switzerland and globally
- Ability to work across corporate functions and levels, in a fast-paced environment
- ICT skills: MS Office, SharePoint, Zoom
- Individual responsibility, self-reliance and motivation will complete your profile
- Native English, fluent German, French and further languages an advantage
IWC offers an entrepreneurial and challenging working environment: the company’s roots are in Switzerland, but it is a successful international player. We maintain our tradition, yet we are always on the lookout for innovations and ways to improve. Change management, education, transversal project teams, further training and personal development are therefore of key importance for our long-term success.