Our client is a multinational in the consumer goods industry with a large production site and several distribution centers, warehouses, offices and points of sale across Switzerland.
Due to the company growth and expansion of the production and distribution capacity, the EHS/HSE team will be reinforced with one additional EHS/HSE Specialist reporting directly to the EHS Manager Switzerland.
The hired person will be primarily based either in the production plant or in the close-based main distribution center, but will have nationwide scope, supporting the entire organisation of around 1,000 employees in Switzerland across all sites.
Depending on the background of the hired candidate, the focus would be as an all-rounder in all EHS/HSE disciplines (Environmental and waste management | Health | Safety) or rather in one of these three disciplines at the beginning, with the target to be trained on the job on those areas with less experience or know-how.
The main tasks as an EHS/HSE Specialist would be:
- Keep up to date on EHS regulations through multiple information sources and share this knowledge across the team
- Deliver EHS training in the organisation at all levels and further develop the training content based on new standards and regulations
- Participate in internal EHS audits and prepare the sites for external audits. Implement the action plans on improvement areas identified during the audits.
- Participate in multiple corporate EHS initiatives to be adapted for Switzerland and rolled-out in the sites (e.g. a hazardous material transportation program)
- Assist in the preparation of EHS performance reports
- Elaborate surveys for employees and establish recommendations based on survey conclusions
- Support employees in employee-led committees on environmental or health & safety topics
We are looking for a qualified EHS/HSE specialist, for example with a ‘Sicherheitsingenieurin / Sicherheitsingenieur EKAS’ degree or a ‘Sicherheitsfachfrau / Sicherheitsfachmann’ degree or a ‘Eidgenössischen Fachausweis als Spezialistin oder Spezialist für Arbeitssicherheit und Gesundheitsschutz (ASGS)’ qualification.
We expect at least a few years of professional experience in a similar job, ideally in a production or logistics environment.
We will consider candidates who would do a cross-entry move into this job from a related discipline, like for example people specialised in machinery safety or environmental engineering.
The hired candidate should be a proactive person, able to work independently with periodic supervision (but with full support from the team) and particularly good in problem solving.
In terms of personality we are looking for an accessible person, with service and business partnering mindset, down-to-earth, with team spirit and sense of humour. Somebody who likes to work in a team with a very flat hierarchy and contribute with his/her own ideas
This job requires a fluent German level and at least an upper-intermediate English level
Permanent job in a solid and growing company.